The Rostrata Primary School Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) is an incorporated body affiliated with the Western Australian Council of State Schools Organisation (WACSSO).Membership is open to all parents/guardians of students who attend the school and interested citizens over the age of 18 years. Membership is automatic upon payment of $1 payable at the Annual General Meeting or any subsequent meeting. The objectives of the P&C are to promote the interests of the school through:
- Cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community.
- Assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school.
- Fostering community interest in educational matters.
The P&C holds at least one General Meeting a term and all parents and citizens of the school community are welcomed to attend. Anyone who has paid the $1 membership fee is entitled to speak and vote at the meetings. In the past three years, the P&C has funded many important resources. The list below is just a sample of what has been donated to the school from the P&C:
- Smartboards for classrooms
- Assisted the establishment of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden
- New shelving in the library
- Reading and resource books throughout the school
- Portable shade for sports carnivals
- Mathletics for every child in Pre Primary to Year 7 since 2009
- Sports equipment
For those interested, the P&C Mission Statement is available here.